The purpose of the National Honor Society three chapters (NHS, NJHS, NEHS) is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership and to help develop a responsible and caring character. Students from the elementary, junior high and high school are recognized for their outstanding academic achievement, personal responsibility, community service and leadership skills.
RSA National Honor Society Oath
I pledge to be a strong student, achieving the most from my education; I pledge to demonstrate responsibility, showing enthusiasm and working hard in all that I do; I pledge to learn the skills of leadership, practicing them in all aspects of my life; I pledge to be of service to my school and community, showing that I care and be a role model for my peers, helping us all achieve our best. I pledge myself to uphold the high purposes of the National Honor Society to which I have been selected. I will be true to the principles for which it stands, I will be loyal to my school, and will maintain and encourage high standards of all four pillars: scholarship, service, leadership and character.
The RSA chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society was established in 2014 at Rising Star Academy. The RSA chapters of the National Junior Honor Society and National Honor Society were established in 2016 at Rising Star Academy. The three RSA chapters follow the guidelines of the NHS National Constitution and the RSA chapter bylaws. The purpose of this organization is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate the desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the student body of Rising Star Academy.
NHS meets every other Tuesday after school. NHS members are required to attend meetings and complete 30 hours of community service during the school year. The induction ceremony is held in December and all members are expected to attend.
- Candidates who wish to apply must satisfy the following criteria:
- Received an A (92 or above) average for the previous academic year.
- Received an A (92 or above) average for the 1st Marking Period of this academic year.
- Have a cumulative average of A (92 or above) for last year and the 1st Marking Period of this academic school year
- Participation in school events and activities (last year and this academic year)
- Must have NO administrative discipline on record to date
- Candidates who meet the above criteria and wish to be part of the National Honor Society based on their grade level will be asked to do the following:
1)All new applicants, candidates switching societies or members who joined for less than two years are to complete a one page essay (check applications below)
2) Submit one letter of recommendation
3) Two Teacher Evaluation Forms
4) Be able to provide evidence of volunteering or participation in school/community events and activities if asked to do so.
5) Prepare for an interview with the NEHS/NJHS/NHS teams (if deemed necessary)
6) When a student has been declared accepted into the National Honor Society, a formal induction ceremony will be held at Rising Star Academy.
2022-2023 Honor Society Advisor
NEHS/NJHS/NHS: Tamam Musabeh email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Induction Ceremony